The Coral Triangle Regional Business Forum
The 2nd Coral Triangle Regional Business Forum took place on 10-11 October 2011 at the Royale Chulan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
It aimed to engage business and industry leaders in developing innovative solutions that are both profitable and sustainable for the Coral Triangle region, promote networking and collaboration among the private sector, CTI Member countries, NGOs and international institutions to address green investment opportunities for increased economic growth, catalyse new partnerships between the private and public sectors that foster shared goals for sustainable marine resources, and ensure continuous commitment from key sectors in supporting CTI Member countries’ goals, shared vision and initiative towards achieving sustainable development.
The forum was designed to meet the needs of a broad range of institutions in the Coral Triangle:
- Non-governmental organisations that support on-the-ground implementation of sustainable practices;
- Business representatives from key sectors that require healthy marine resources to run their operations, such as commercial fisheries, tourism operators, and the transportation industry;
- Financial managers that invest in growth opportunities within the region;
- Technology innovators that provide tools and services as drivers of increased green investment; and
- Policy makers at the national and provincial levels that want to learn how to better engage the private sector as a partner in managing shared resources.